Western Pacific RR Historical Society Convention
Author: Dick Dorn
Date: 05-19-2013 - 11:31

Attended the convention at CSRM this weekend and it gets my highest marks. There were excellent presentations in the threatre Fri. and Sat. They were well researched and organized and presented a wide variety of topics. I learned a great deal of new information from these presentations. In additon there was a night photo session with the WP913 and SN 402, an historic walk down R St with lots of RR history, train ride on the Sacto. Southern, layout tours, vendors and a great banquet dinner in the roundhouse seated between the 402 and 913 with excellent food. There were over 140 attendees, second most in convention history. There were even funny moments when a BNSF engineer won a ticket for the museums rent a locomotive progam at Portola in the raffle. My hat goes off to the organizers of the convention and to CSRM for doing an outstanding job as host. I heard many very positive comments from other attendees. One very positive thing that came out of the convention is a new developing cooperation between CSRM and the WPRRHS. There were many positives about this convention and I am looking forward to the next one.

Dick Dorn

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Western Pacific RR Historical Society Convention Dick Dorn 05-19-2013 - 11:31
  Re: Western Pacific RR Historical Society Convention wpfan 05-19-2013 - 16:02
  Re: Western Pacific RR Historical Convention Eugene 05-21-2013 - 15:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com