Re: AAPRCO Special & Amtrak #11 This Morning @ Elkhorn Slough Today
Author: Howard
Date: 10-07-2013 - 08:38

Bob,

Thanks. I have not taken any photographs at this location before and I was not sure how many cars I would be able to include at a time with a side view. Head on shots of this beautiful train would have been pointless. After reviewing my test shots of the location I think I would like to shoot from a different position in the future to create more interest in the foreground. I chose my position to shoot from so my shutter would not be heard in my wife’s video and I would not block the view of the private car owner that was with us.

I was in contact with a professional photographer who hiked into a location at the southern end of the slough. I would call him to let him know what was entering the northern end of the slough. I am looking forward to see what images he was able to capture.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  AAPRCO Special & Amtrak #11 This Morning @ Elkhorn Slough Today Howard 10-04-2013 - 20:12
  Re: AAPRCO Special & Amtrak #11 This Morning @ Elkhorn Slough Today BOB R 10-06-2013 - 21:35
  Re: AAPRCO Special & Amtrak #11 This Morning @ Elkhorn Slough Today Sam 10-07-2013 - 06:51
  Re: AAPRCO Special & Amtrak #11 This Morning @ Elkhorn Slough Today Howard 10-07-2013 - 08:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com