Re: Eastern Washington Gateway
Author: Bruce Butler
Date: 10-06-2013 - 17:29

H&H has finished their work for the state and there will likely be some daylight train moves next week. We are expecting TWO 110 car grain trains next week. BNSF keeps delaying their arrival. Now set back to 1pm Monday for the first one. Normal procedure is to take EWG power light from Cheney to Geiger Jct, at MP 8, about 1-1/2 miles north of the I-80 xing over the RR at Four Lakes - exit 276. The train then goes from Cheney to G.J. behind the BNSF power. After the power swap the train continues west behind the EWG power, currently tunnel motors 2891, & 8702 and SD40-2 3000. GP7 1617 may or may not be in the train. This first train will be peddling cars at all the stations between Creston and Hartline except for Govan. When done the power will be left at Hartline for the return trip east with the loads.

If we actually get this train early Monday afternoon we should have everything spotted for Tuesday loading. It would then start east Tuesday evening or even Wednesday morning.

I wish I could give you more specific times but it all depends upon when we actually receive the train from BNSF. If you are traveling east on highway 2 you can check all the stations to see if grain cars are spotted. I believe all are now empty with the possible exception of Creston. The railroad generally follows US2, although much of it from Hartline to Wilbur is not visible from the highway. East of Davenport you can take old US2, now called "Sunset Highway" for several miles.

I only work part-time so I may or may not be involved in this train movement. If you want to shoot me an email to abmibutler@comcast.net with your email address and cell phone # I will try to keep you updated, but I cannot promise anything.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Eastern Washington Gateway William W. Webb 10-06-2013 - 10:11
  Re: Eastern Washington Gateway hepkema 10-06-2013 - 13:03
  Re: Eastern Washington Gateway Bruce Butler 10-06-2013 - 17:29
  Re: Eastern Washington Gateway Bruce Butler 10-06-2013 - 17:35
  Re: Eastern Washington Gateway William W. Webb 10-06-2013 - 18:52
  Re: Eastern Washington Gateway Rob Harper 10-07-2013 - 06:54
  Re: Eastern Washington Gateway Rob Harper 10-07-2013 - 06:56
  Re: Eastern Washington Gateway Bruce Butler 10-07-2013 - 07:07
  EWG Monday Bruce Butler 10-07-2013 - 10:35

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com