Re: Hong Kong’s Trams, Slow and Sweaty, Plod On
Author: KRK
Date: 10-15-2013 - 11:30

Nice photo!! I remember those old double-decker trams when I was in Hong Kong in 1968. That was the same time this crazy 20-year old kid from "OAKTOWN" rented a car from the Hertz outlet in the Hong Kong Hilton, crosse4d the water on the Ferry to the mainland and wound up in Kowloon.
Then I drove thru the "New Territories" and wound up facing two gun-toting Chinese border guards
at the border crossing of "Lo Wu"... (I told them I knew Drew Jacksitch and they smiled!)
Just kidding, Drew...
At the border there was a large "guard shack".. The guards had cross-bandoliers of bullets across their chest. I didn't think I should proceed because they could probably care less about me being an old East Oakland kid.
Beyond the point where they stood was a very large sign, in both Chinese and English..
Quote:
"The Area beyond this point is a No-Man's Land".. "Entry beyond this point without a permit is Forbidden !!" (I obeyed the sign!)

There were TWO other signs on the large 'guard shack'... One at each end.
One sign said "Drink Coca-Cola".... the other sign said "Drink 7-Up" ... (I kid you not!!)

After taking some photos, I decided to get the hell out of there and drove back to Hong Kong and turned the car in! An interesting trip and another of KRK's world-wide adventures!

Cheers.
KRK

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Hong Kong’s Trams, Slow and Sweaty, Plod On Mo Torman 10-15-2013 - 09:14
  Re: Hong Kong’s Trams, Slow and Sweaty, Plod On KRK 10-15-2013 - 11:30
  Re: Hong Kong’s Trams, Slow and Sweaty, Plod On usmc1401 10-16-2013 - 15:42
  Re: Hong Kong’s Trams, Slow and Sweaty, Plod On KRK 10-16-2013 - 15:55

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com