Re: Barbary Coast Hoyt Hotel - "Restroom"
Author: KRK
Date: 12-05-2013 - 09:43

I'm sorry--but I just HAD to post this item regarding the "facilities" at the famous Hoyt Hotel.
I'm sure that our own 'Carol Voss' could relate to this because of the number of female visitors that would line up to see the Men's facilities at the famous "Madonna Inn" on US 101 in Calif, especially when the tour buses pulled in!

"Walter Cole, the Portland resident and female impersonator better known as Darcelle XV, recalled the Roaring 20's Room in Sharon Knorr's book, Just Call Me Darcelle. According to Darcelle, the ladies' restroom had a full-time harpist; the men's restroom included a 12-foot (3.7 m) long trough urinal decorated like a rock grotto, featuring miniature forest animals that served as targets. Darcelle recalled, "[There was also a] life-sized replica of Fidel Castro... If a gentleman could hit that open mouth, lights would flash, sirens would go off and a huge waterfall would flush the entire urinal."[4]

Cheers.

KRK

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Barbary Coast Hoyt Hotel - Portland, Oregon pdxrailtransit 12-01-2013 - 16:00
  Re: Barbary Coast Hoyt Hotel - Portland, Oregon GG1 12-01-2013 - 16:52
  Re: Barbary Coast Hoyt Hotel - Portland, Oregon pdxrailtransit 12-01-2013 - 18:05
  Re: Barbary Coast Hoyt Hotel - Portland, Oregon SP fan 12-01-2013 - 21:41
  Re: Barbary Coast Hoyt Hotel - Portland, Oregon RJW 12-01-2013 - 22:05
  Re: Barbary Coast Hoyt Hotel - Portland, Oregon Shortline Sammie 12-02-2013 - 20:16
  Re: Barbary Coast Hoyt Hotel - "Restroom" KRK 12-05-2013 - 09:43
  Re: Barbary Coast Hoyt Hotel - "Restroom" George Andrews 12-05-2013 - 10:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com