What are the odds? MP-VGN Heritage consist
Author: SP5103
Date: 01-06-2014 - 11:12

We all know that in most instances any heritage or special paint locomotive is considered just another engine to power a train, but with a little extra help from railroaders that have pride in their jobs these units often being moved to be the lead unit.

If engines are just "assigned as needed", what are the odds that Heritage units from two different railroads would be assigned to lead a train on a foreign line? It did recently happen! See PHOTO LINK

A friend of mine in the industry forwarded me an email from one of the railroad employees involved. This happened as the result of a set of coincidences that favored setting this up, a variety of railroad employees who made an extra effort while still maintaining safety and efficiency (including turning wheels on the NS/VGN unit), and it looks to me that it didn't cost any railroad a dime more than usual!

BNSF really needs their own Heritage locomotive fleet! Anyone know how long these stayed together before heading "home"?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  What are the odds? MP-VGN Heritage consist SP5103 01-06-2014 - 11:12
  Re: What are the odds? MP-VGN Heritage consist Mike Swanson 01-06-2014 - 11:29
  Re: What are the odds? MP-VGN Heritage consist J 01-06-2014 - 13:45
  Re: What are the odds? MP-VGN Heritage consist Richard Olson 01-06-2014 - 14:19
  Re: What are the odds? MP-VGN Heritage consist ^ What he said 01-06-2014 - 14:26
  Re: What are the odds? MP-VGN Heritage consist BOB R 01-06-2014 - 16:54
  Re: What are the odds? MP-VGN Heritage consist Mr. ^What he said 01-06-2014 - 17:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com