Re: Just like my recurring Amtrak nightmare!
Author: brains
Date: 02-04-2014 - 19:47

Peedeex- Now that's a nightmare! I say forget cruise ships to begin with. Unlucky to have travelled in the "Golden Age" of steamship travel, I did cross the Atlantic on Queen Mary 2 (in an access of conspicuous consumption, in First Class) and the cabin was just about big enough to be comfortable (very comfortable, actually), but if it's a proper ship with good food and drink options and all the other bells and whistles found on those floating city blocks misnamed ships, one should find oneself in the cabin mostly just for shut-eye, or am I missing something here?
Travel by ship is an altogether different proposition, especially in contrast to the modern rack torture that is long distance flying. Those 17 flights to and from the UK over the last 30+ yrars weren't worth 1/10th of one ocean voyage, especially coming after The Empire Builder/ Capitol Limited as the preliminary.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Just like my recurring Amtrak nightmare! pdxrailtransit 02-04-2014 - 17:13
  Re: Just like my recurring Amtrak nightmare! brains 02-04-2014 - 19:47
  Re: Just like my recurring Amtrak nightmare! Paul Kepler 02-06-2014 - 10:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com