Re: UP's Inspection special. PYUBK2-05 With UP/WP SD70Ace #1983 With UPP#140 Business Car "Stanford" & UPP#150 Business Car "Sunset" along the Mojave Sub
Author: Shipped by UPS
Date: 02-16-2014 - 10:38

Anyone catch the UPS sticker on the extension FRED air hose??

Also, looking at the original sized photo, I am still amazed at all the old antennas used on these cars. Not counting the white domes, the older VHF and TV antennas on the Sunset are quite numerous. I count three older Motorola style VHF antenna mounts that have either broken or removed whips.

The older VHF antenna just behind the X style TV antenna is also very unusual. I have only seen a very few examples of this antenna.

I also found it strange that they have what look like marine Shakespeare fiberglass sticks on the roof. Unknown what band though.

I count 15 antennas on the Sunset (either old or new and used or unused).

Thanks Dave for posting those very hi-res photos of the two!

-Kevin

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP's Inspection special. PYUBK2-05 With UP/WP SD70Ace #1983 With UPP#140 Business Car "Stanford" & UPP#150 Business Car "Sunset" along the Mojave Sub DaveDodds 02-15-2014 - 13:39
  Re: UP's Inspection special. PYUBK2-05 With UP/WP SD70Ace #1983 With UPP#140 Business Car "Stanford" & UPP#150 Business Car "Sunset" along the Mojave Sub Paul Kepler 02-15-2014 - 16:32
  Re: UP's Inspection special. PYUBK2-05 With UP/WP SD70Ace #1983 With UPP#140 Business Car "Stanford" & UPP#150 Business Car "Sunset" along the Mojave Sub Shipped by UPS 02-16-2014 - 10:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com