Re: A film company, a RR Bridge, 60 seconds, and death
Author: T. J.
Date: 03-07-2014 - 13:32

From all indications in the article, it would appear that "mismanagement" had nothing to do with this event. Nor can it be classified as an accident; but rather, it was a deliberate act that resulted in death.

It was a willfully negligent act of defiant trespass, against the owner of the bridge - a felony in my state. Moreover, the inevitable consequence of this act was easily predictable to any adult human being who is not mentally impaired; and I don't think he has ever been considered mentally incompetent. That he went ahead with it anyway is beyond arrogant recklessness.

Will they throw the book at him? Questionable, since so many of these hollywood and media types arrogantly assume they are privileged to do whatever they want; and they assume that precisely because they usually get away with all the shenanigans they can dream of.

Hopefully, they will throw the whole law library at him! "Willfully negligent homicide with wanton disregard for public safety", will do for a start, which is a serious felony that could put you in prison for at least a decade. In many states, such a charge could also be escalated to 2nd degree murder. Some might even argue, that the willful and defiant commission of any felony, constitutes "malice of forethought", and any death caused by that felony is considered 1st degree murder. That happens a lot in California.

But after the state is through with him; since the crime took place on railroad property and resulted in a fatal train accident, Federal train wrecking charges might also be applied. And if I recall correctly, the last person convicted of that, was executed by the Feds (mid 1990s).

For sure, this guy should be in deep deep doodoo! Enough so, that with all his money, he should be considered a serious flight risk and should have been jailed by now. But I still have heard nothing about any arrest or jailing - in fact, very little media coverage at all. . . . .

Maybe he IS privileged!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  A film company, a RR Bridge, 60 seconds, and death DWN 03-06-2014 - 12:49
  Re: A film company, a RR Bridge, 60 seconds, and death NWP 03-06-2014 - 14:59
  Re: A film company, a RR Bridge, 60 seconds, and death Sarah's kin 03-06-2014 - 19:36
  Re: A film company, a RR Bridge, 60 seconds, and death T. J. 03-07-2014 - 13:32
  Re: A film company, a RR Bridge, 60 seconds, and death Norm Schultze 03-07-2014 - 06:46

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com