Re: Idaho shippers tired of waiting, want increased load limits.
Author: Tie Plate
Date: 01-19-2008 - 16:27

It actually may be a good thing, once the roads are made into toast then the only way they will have to ship is by train. I saw some guys up there working last fall when I passed through the area. Talked to a guy at a grain elevator at the time and he said that they were hopeful something was going to get started with rail soon. How deep is the snow there these days. I can't imagine what a pain it would be to handle grain in containers. Now you pour it in a hopper car and dump it out the bottom, dump it into a cargo ship and vacuum it out when it gets there, how simple is that??

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Idaho shippers tired of waiting, want increased load limits. Bill Forrest 01-18-2008 - 13:15
  Re: Idaho shippers tired of waiting, want increased load limits. Dave Smith 01-18-2008 - 19:24
  Re: Idaho shippers tired of waiting, want increased load limits. Idaho Tom 01-19-2008 - 13:33
  Re: Idaho shippers tired of waiting, want increased load limits. Tie Plate 01-19-2008 - 16:27
  Re: Idaho shippers tired of waiting, want increased load limits. Graham Buxton 01-19-2008 - 19:06
  Re: Idaho shippers tired of waiting, want increased load limits. Dave Smith 01-19-2008 - 19:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com