Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz
Author: Bill King
Date: 07-14-2014 - 02:01

AND ANOTHER CONNECTION...
This Engine built for Santa Cruz... Well the South Pacific Coast railroad ran from Santa Cruz to Alameda... What connection does Alameda have you say? It's where hall of famer Willie Stargell of the Pittsburgh Pirates grew up as a youth and graduated high school from!

Pittsburgher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Howard Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > I’m from Pittsburgh, PA and SCPC #2’s
> connection
> > with a chicken diner brings back lots of
> memories
> > for me. My father was a poultry man for over 30
> > years and I swear we ate chicken seven days a
> > week. I remember every time the Pittsburgh
> Pirates
> > first baseman Willie Stargell hit a home run
> > everyone at his chicken restaurant received
> free
> > chicken. The Pirates announcer would announce,
> > “Chicken on the Hill” every time Stargell hit a
> > home run. Chasing SCPC #2 yesterday was
> certainly
> > a home run for me and I want to say its
> “Chiggen
> > on the Hill”.
> >
>
> There's another Pittsburgh connection. The HK
> Porter Company built SCPC #2 in Pittsburgh. The
> Porter Company Plant lives on in the form of a
> residential complex known as the Locomotive Lofts
> in Pittsburgh's Lawrenceville neighborhood.
>
> Here's a link to the Locomotive Lofts website
> which has a section on the history of the HK
> Porter Company:
>
> Locomotive Lofts

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Howard 07-12-2014 - 00:53
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz P.Kepler 07-12-2014 - 17:35
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Howard 07-12-2014 - 23:33
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz P.Kepler 07-13-2014 - 01:06
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Howard 07-13-2014 - 14:15
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Pittsburgher 07-13-2014 - 05:31
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Howard 07-13-2014 - 14:11
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Bill King 07-14-2014 - 02:01
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Pittsburgher 07-13-2014 - 05:32
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Rich Hunn 07-13-2014 - 08:22
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Howard 07-13-2014 - 14:12
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Howard 07-13-2014 - 14:09
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Brian 07-13-2014 - 12:01
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Jim Fitzgerald 07-13-2014 - 12:45
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz P.Kepler 07-13-2014 - 13:01
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz That Guy with the Genset 07-15-2014 - 02:20
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz J C Koans 07-15-2014 - 15:12
  Re: The Chiggen Will Be Chugging Through The Weekend In Santa Cruz Howard 07-13-2014 - 14:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com