Re: Sacramento Considers Public Market at Train Depot
Author: P.Kepler
Date: 01-07-2015 - 13:40

The whole "Railyards" area is a monument to stutter start planning. Many aspects of what is there now are the result of projects starting and failing to progress. In a way I agree with the realignment of the tracks,the straighter through run removes the speed restriction and terminal facilities were lacking.
The current location of the RT tracks will need to be rethought if Amtrak connections are going to be a part of the plan. I still wonder the logic of abandoning the current arena location after ALL the surrounding development was built using the arena as an anchor destination. The choice of location for the new arena replaces a large amount of vacant retail space. This entire project is going to take much longer than most people realize.

My view of Sacramento development projects is a bit jaded with the many attempts at "Fixing " K street between Old Sacramento and 12th street. Still a work in progress.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Sacramento Considers Public Market at Train Depot mook 01-06-2015 - 12:29
  Re: Sacramento Considers Public Market at Train Depot Ivy Mike 01-06-2015 - 13:13
  Re: Sacramento Considers Public Market at Train Depot Jack 01-06-2015 - 16:36
  Re: Sacramento Considers Public Market at Train Depot mook 01-06-2015 - 17:20
  Re: Sacramento Considers Public Market at Train Depot HUTCH 7.62 01-06-2015 - 19:22
  Re: Sacramento Considers Public Market at Train Depot George Manley 01-06-2015 - 22:02
  Re: Sacramento Considers Public Market at Train Depot mook 01-06-2015 - 23:32
  Re: Sacramento Considers Public Market at Train Depot P.Kepler 01-07-2015 - 13:40

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com