BNSF engine in NE Oregon
Author: SP5103
Date: 02-23-2015 - 17:27

NE Oregon is in full spring already. Most of the mud has dried up and what little snow there is has melted below 5000'. Spring may be nice, but it isn't looking good for this summer. Cabin fever is getting me, so today's adventure was:

UP 7049 West
UP 8931 (still had that new car smell but not on line)
BNSF 9720 (still looked like its original Green & creme BNSF paint and lettering)
UP 7606

Train wasn't that big. Head end was mixed manifest with a few loads and lumber empties and a block of loaded auto racks. Rear of the train was a good sized block of auto racks. Train was only making 15 mph up the hill to Encina and should be in LaGrande about sunset.

Question - I would have thought this train was going to Hinkle for reclassification, but all those loaded auto racks make me wonder if they can trust putting those over the hump. So will Hinkle set out the racks as No Humps before shoving the rest over the hump, or just let them all go over. The other option is this train is already blocked for a destination beyond Hinkle, presumably Portland (Albina?) since I saw at least one empty Hampton centerbeam.

Last week's odd train was an eastbound of empty spine cars.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  BNSF engine in NE Oregon SP5103 02-23-2015 - 17:27
  Re: BNSF engine in NE Oregon BN Oly 02-23-2015 - 18:52
  Re: BNSF engine in NE Oregon SP5103 02-24-2015 - 09:46

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com