Re: It will never happen...
Author: Eugene guy
Date: 03-19-2015 - 07:56

I've had my worker's comp. claim magically disappear from the office, years ago, when I had worked so many hours,(not my idea, I had asked for more help), that my back finally gave out with a herniated disc. Since I was by myself, I had no witnesses, and my boss said that since he had never hurt his back, he didn't believe it could hurt as much as I was saying (as I laid on the floor of the mill shop). I underwent interrogation by the company, insurance investigators, and company paid medical guy. I was stalled by the office crew when I asked about my paperwork. Good thing I had made many copies, and had the funds to help myself until I could get the right lawyer to encourage the company to help me. There was no union. I had worked there for 11 years, with no major problems, and they made me feel like I was trying to rip them off. I found out later that someone had ripped them off, years before I came along, and they took it out on everyone after that. This story had been told many times, I know, but until one goes through it themselves, it is hard to explain the frustration and anger and cost involved to everyone. I think our company rail system was named 'Bendover & Takit'. After getting somewhat healed up, physically and mentally, I quit, and went to a place that was even worse. Even with Teamster's Union reps. (I saw one once in 7 years), they gave all of us the old stall and discrimination treatment. Happy to be retired now, for sure.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP at it again........ Spike 03-18-2015 - 17:00
  Re: UP at it again........ OPRRMS 03-18-2015 - 17:47
  Re: UP at it again........ Cut-Out-Cock 03-18-2015 - 18:10
  Re: UP at it again........ Mark 03-18-2015 - 23:25
  Re: UP at it again........ Jon 03-18-2015 - 23:40
  Re: UP at it again........ Al Tomante 03-18-2015 - 19:03
  Re: UP at it again........ You pee 03-18-2015 - 21:57
  Re: It will never happen... Jon 03-18-2015 - 23:32
  Re: It will never happen... Eugene guy 03-19-2015 - 07:56
  Re: UP at it again........ Not UP 03-19-2015 - 09:10
  Re: UP at it again........ Dr Zarkoff 03-19-2015 - 10:48
  Re: UP at it again........ John WEst 03-19-2015 - 22:02

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com