Tacoma Rail storing Oil and Well Cars & WWR Chehalis
Author: GN Goat
Date: 04-03-2015 - 05:02

I was out in the Yelm/Roy, WA area tonite and along Mountain Hwy (507) between aprroximately MP 37 and 41, there was a long string of Oil Tanker Cars (Procor on most) with boxcars on either end on Tacoma Rail trackage. Then there was a long string of well cars withrious railroad markings. This area is just North of Roy and by the East JBLM gate.

Guess this shows the oil train business has subsided some with current oil prices.

I was wondering if anyone knows how long these cars have been stored and how many trips did TR have to make to store these? Did they use their new leased locomotives to move them? I assume TR couldn't haul 100+ cars in one trip up the Tacoma Gulch.

WWR is storing oil tanker cars now as well. A few on a siding on their track along I-5 North of Centralia, plus a string of cars is getting longer on the South End of their track in Chehalis, can be seen from I-5.

Thanks in advance!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Tacoma Rail storing Oil and Well Cars & WWR Chehalis GN Goat 04-03-2015 - 05:02
  Re: Tacoma Rail storing Oil and Well Cars & WWR Chehalis Tom McCann 04-03-2015 - 10:00
  Re: Tacoma Rail storing Oil and Well Cars & WWR Chehalis BN Oly 04-03-2015 - 18:03
  Re: Tacoma Rail storing Oil and Well Cars & WWR Chehalis George Andrews 04-04-2015 - 09:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com