Train speed monitoring
Author: Goldminer
Date: 05-12-2015 - 00:01

Out of curiosity, are locomotives monitored for exceeding speed limits on a given block? Seems it would be easy to tell if an engineer was exceeding his train's permitted speed in CTC territory with all of the computerized dispatching. Some people I know tell me that there is a regular train that operates in the middle of the night on a mainline behind their home that they swear exceeds the speed limit. I've asked them how they would know if it was speeding or not unless they pointed a radar gun at the locomotive and knew what the speed limit was for the particular train classification. They just observe it seems to go by their home much faster than trains during the daytime. They can't tell me what kind of train it is either. I'm guessing it could be a local switching job with just a handful of freight cars or a road job that has the highest speed permissions for that segment of track.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Train speed monitoring Goldminer 05-12-2015 - 00:01
  Re: Train speed monitoring Ernest H. Robl 05-12-2015 - 09:02
  Re: Train speed monitoring Scott DeVries (RVT) 05-12-2015 - 11:45
  Re: Train speed monitoring fkrock 05-13-2015 - 09:05

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com