Re: Henry Ford Bridge/Badger Avenue Bridge RR Lift Bridge
Author: Richard Elgenson
Date: 06-04-2015 - 11:30

I doubt Badger Bridge will be locked in place. Various non-commercial vessels such as sailboats would not be able to pass under Badger when down. I know, 'cause one time I had my boat at a nearby boat yard and was returning to my home marina, wouldn't you know it, Badger Bridge was down and I had to wait. My boat would not fit under Commodore Heim Bridge at certain tides either. As the guy said to me over the radio, "I'll give you the bridge." New bridge probably would pass many sailboats up to a certain size (40' max?), although why sail there (unless you are at a nearby marina or have to get to boatyard) when there are other nicer places to boat in the dual ports area.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Henry Ford Bridge/Badger Avenue Bridge RR Lift Bridge Lloyd Mustafa 06-04-2015 - 09:53
  Re: Henry Ford Bridge/Badger Avenue Bridge RR Lift Bridge Richard Elgenson 06-04-2015 - 11:30
  Re: Henry Ford Bridge/Badger Avenue Bridge RR Lift Bridge Tony cz 06-04-2015 - 14:37
  Re: Henry Ford Bridge/Badger Avenue Bridge RR Lift Bridge D. Ward 06-05-2015 - 11:05
  Re: Henry Ford Bridge/Badger Avenue Bridge RR Lift Bridge Tony CZ 06-06-2015 - 08:58
  Re: Henry Ford Bridge/Badger Avenue Bridge RR Lift Bridge mook 06-06-2015 - 17:49

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com