UP's large Friday Spokane-Plummer Turn - St. Maries River RR car storage?
Author: hepkema
Date: 06-13-2015 - 22:42

It's been over 24 hours since the Plummer Turn left Spokane with a whopping 84 cars. ("Normal" is somewhere in the 20s). I haven't been able to track down any info since then. There was a train-caused fire adjacent to the line on Monday, so it's possible that they didn't run since then, but on top of the regular traffic of centerbeam flats and a few box cars, the train also contained 2 large blocks of tank cars--about 50 in total. Does anybody know where these are going (I'm assuming for storage)? They blew right through Manito (junction with the Fairfield Industrial Lead (Branch) and the site of a siding where centerbeams sometimes get stored) without stopping. I didn't follow as far as Mozart Siding (another location where stuff sometimes gets stashed) to see if anything got left there or Worley (where there is a long double-ended industrial spur). The next thing is Plummer--and the STMA RR interchange. Did the St. Maries maybe take the cars to stash out on the unused Branch south of their namesake town?

Thanks to anybody who knows. There are a few of us around here who are interested.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP's large Friday Spokane-Plummer Turn - St. Maries River RR car storage? hepkema 06-13-2015 - 22:42
  Re: UP's large Friday Spokane-Plummer Turn - St. Maries River RR car storage? George Andrews 06-14-2015 - 10:59
  Re: UP's large Friday Spokane-Plummer Turn - St. Maries River RR car storage? David Smith 06-14-2015 - 11:47
  Re: UP's large Friday Spokane-Plummer Turn - St. Maries River RR car storage? Throttle Hogg 06-14-2015 - 23:17

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com