Re: Redwood Coast Biz Talks "Train Nuts, Morons and Our Wack Harbor District"
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-12-2015 - 13:51

In the end, I guess there are just some folks who post on here who really do it because they apparently just hate trains..... Or, is it just the "evil" NWP?

No freight traffic base sufficient to pay a return either to investors or society for a half a billion dollar investment currently exists which would justify the reconstruction of the NWP north of Willits. And similarly, no traffic base that could not more cheaply be rail/ship exported through the San Francisco Bay exists to support any east-west proposal. There is little likelihood this fundamental "reality" will change much in the next 30 years. Eureka is a terrible port in a terrible place. Tourist's even in the beautiful Eel River Canyon wouldn't support such an investment, either.

Some rail freight traffic base exists in the North Bay, and NWP, is serving it. Rock and/or trash could certainly provide a bigger traffic base on the segment that is in operation, or "recoverable" to operate, at a reasonable cost. And, since I don't hate trains, I'd probably be okay with that, in fact, I'd probably be overjoyed.....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Redwood Coast Biz Talks "Train Nuts, Morons and Our Wack Harbor District" Alfred Doten 11-11-2015 - 18:35
  Re: Redwood Coast Biz Talks "Train Nuts, Morons and Our Wack Harbor District" synonymouse 11-12-2015 - 10:15
  Re: Redwood Coast Biz Talks "Train Nuts, Morons and Our Wack Harbor District" BOB2 11-12-2015 - 13:51
  Re: Redwood Coast Biz Talks "Train Nuts, Morons and Our Wack Harbor District" synonymouse 11-13-2015 - 10:10

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com