Re: Missed deadline: $587million in federal funding for Metro LA connector jeopardized
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-12-2015 - 17:33

As probably one of only three or so people on this site that even know what the hell you are even talking about, I note only that my old friend Rosemary would be a millionaire if she got paid a dollar for every TIP Amendment she'd processed for SCAG. TIP Amendments are only worth about a dime a dozen, unfortunately.

There will likely be no "lapse" in the SIP and no sanctions from delay of the cross town connector, more, because as I noted, there are almost no significant non TCM projects to sanction. Almost all operational or safety improvements to highways are usually exempt, as is much of the bridge replacement and freight work. Virtually everything else in the RTP is a TCM, including ITS projects, HOV improvements, transit, bikes, pedestrian..... We simply aren't building that many lane miles of "new" "emission" "inducing" mixed flow roads.....

There will be posturing and preaching, threats and bluster, from the usual environmental interests, using the same tired arguments, but no sanctions..... It is an increasingly foolish position, as our vehicle fleet is becoming cleaner and cleaner for health related pollutants, and better economy is even reducing CO2, to punish "evil" roads for the crap that comes out of the vehicles tailpipe, but we still have these stupid notions.

There I go again calling folks foolish and stupid.....based on a factual observation. OMG, according to some, I may need help?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Missed deadline: $587million in federal funding for Metro LA connector jeopardized Metron 2.0 11-12-2015 - 07:47
  Re: Missed deadline: $587million in federal funding for Metro LA connector jeopardized clean(?)air 11-12-2015 - 09:27
  Re: Missed deadline: $587million in federal funding for Metro LA connector jeopardized BOB2 11-12-2015 - 12:24
  Re: Missed deadline: $587million in federal funding for Metro LA connector jeopardized clean(?)air 11-12-2015 - 17:01
  Re: Missed deadline: $587million in federal funding for Metro LA connector jeopardized BOB2 11-12-2015 - 17:33

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com