Re: The last meeting of try to open the Alto Tunnel
Author: The Odd Duck
Date: 12-01-2015 - 19:37

Here is some thoughts on your childlike prattle.

First of all I have been following this for quite some time.

Second this was a pubic meeting and better records should have been taken for those who couldn’t make the meeting I live 175 miles away.

Third this type of opposition is not unusual. Take as an example when Marin General Hospital wanted to add a helipad one of the rent a mob got up and stated “he didn’t want helicopters fly over his house as it might crash into it” I guess saving lives in not that important.

Here is a copy of a letter that might be of interest

Jacobs Associates,

I don’t know quite where to send this letter and I believe by sending to you it’s a good start

Mill Valley to Corte Madera Bicycle and Pedestrian Corridor Study June 2010

As an former resident of Terra Linda, Marin Count I have been reading over the possibly of reopening the Alto Tunnel for the elderly, those who need electric carts for transportation, walker an bicycle riders, in which I think of as a “tunnel through the Alps” here is something a notices.

In you report there is factual error in your report on the building of the original Alto Tunnel (See Enclose)

Here are some further thoughts I would like to share with you.

Dose Southern Pacific Land Company pay property taxes on the land they own and do they charge MMWD for the use of there right of way.

The study is over focus on the two wheel bicyclists and not on tricycles or electric carts and wheel chairs that might fall under America Disability Act

Ambient Nose Level off the freeway in the different neighborhoods near and above the tunnel (Road Hum)

Historical Maps from 1940 to 1975 when the roads were built. (Find a AAA 1970 San Rafael or Mill Valley map to see what I mean)

Add two concrete benches and either end of the tunnel

A third fire hydrant on the Corte Madera side of the tunnel for Interurban wildlands fire zone

To widen the tunnel under Homeland Securely and Cal-Fire funding.

To show the Historical resistant to change in Marin County by showing the time line to complete the surface road from Las Ranchitos Road to Lincoln Avenue.

If you ever decide to update the reports I thought might be worth adding.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The last meeting of try to open the Alto Tunnel The Odd Duck 12-01-2015 - 02:19
  Re: The last meeting of try to open the Alto Tunnel synonymouse 12-01-2015 - 09:57
  Re: The last meeting of try to open the Alto Tunnel Nathaniel Hornblower 12-01-2015 - 13:03
  Re: The last meeting of try to open the Alto Tunnel Negin 12-01-2015 - 13:04
  Re: The last meeting of try to open the Alto Tunnel Fred 12-01-2015 - 14:37
  Re: The last meeting of try to open the Alto Tunnel HUTCH 7.62 12-01-2015 - 18:16
  Re: The last meeting of try to open the Alto Tunnel Fred 12-01-2015 - 20:09
  Re: The last meeting of try to open the Alto Tunnel KarmaKommander 12-01-2015 - 13:51
  Re: The last meeting of try to open the Alto Tunnel The Odd Duck 12-01-2015 - 19:37
  Re: The last meeting of try to open the Alto Tunnel KarmaKommander 12-01-2015 - 23:04
  Re: The last meeting of try to open the Alto Tunnel The Odd Duck 12-02-2015 - 21:49
  Opening Tunnel Terrible Idea NIMBY 12-02-2015 - 12:03
  Re: Opening Tunnel Terrible Idea Nudge 12-02-2015 - 16:37
  Re: Opening Tunnel Terrible Idea NIMBY 12-02-2015 - 18:04
  Re: Opening Tunnel Terrible Idea Nudge 12-03-2015 - 08:49
  Re: Opening Tunnel Terrible Idea The Odd Duck 12-02-2015 - 22:02
  Re: Evil Trains........Strike Again! BOB2 12-03-2015 - 01:24
  Re: Evil Trains........Strike Again! mook 12-03-2015 - 08:18
  Re: Evil Trains........Strike Again! synonymouse 12-03-2015 - 19:43

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com