Re: Time to plan a trip to Corvallis
Author: eugene gandy
Date: 01-25-2016 - 10:19

There are usually 3 P & W units based in Eugene, including the old Black Widow GP. They are tied up at the P & W yard at 4 Corners on Hwy. 99. There is a Hauler run each night, taking the loads North to Albany for transfer and bring back MTs. Log trains!
You can see the CORP Division on Hwy. 99, South of Eugene, along with the UP power used to bring the CORP into the yard. The tracks run right next to the road. The yard is now mostly in Winchester, just north of Roseburg. Can see it all from I-5 or 99. There are units parked there most of the time. Sometimes I see a switcher at Creswell, Cottage Grove.
Coos Bay Rail Link runs usually 3 trips a week from the coast to Eugene Yard. Monday, Wed., and Friday. They usually hit the yard in the afternoon, Y and then back into the yard, drop loads and pick up MTs, and then head back out towards the coast again. They will run until out of time, then tie up for the night, around Noti or Vaughn. There are usually 3 locos on the train. Occasionally I will see one of their bright blue units at the old SP machine Shop, at Eugene yard, waiting repairs or a transfer out of town.
Just South of Corvallis, Hwy. 99W.,look for the bright orange loco on the farmer's spur. There has been a unit parked in the old Corvallis Yard, the last few times I was there. I don't know about the A & E anymore.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Time to plan a trip to Corvallis Craig Tambo 01-25-2016 - 00:26
  Re: Time to plan a trip to Corvallis eugene gandy 01-25-2016 - 10:19

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com