Re: Pullman Rail Journeys
Author: wsabo
Date: 02-17-2016 - 11:39

To clarify a few points
Hope this link to their website works

[reservations.travelpullman.com]

I believe the average round trip to Louisville Kentucky Derby which is about a 4 day trip is around $6,000 per person if I read that correctly

Iowa Pacific deserves a lot of credit for apparently spending a lot of money and doing a quality job restoring their cars to the high standards maintained by Pullman
I assume they paid decent wages but when you expect crews to provide 24 hour service and have to provide hotels and meals away from their home terminal labor costs will be high whether you are union or non union so it is difficult if not impossible to run a high quality operation and be profitable after paying Amtrak, reservations staff and others.
I'm not criticizing them for having some people do double duty like waiter and sleeping car attendant to reduce costs but some of the trip advisor reviews were critical of food service because they only had one chef on some trips..even though it was in a car that was a combination diner lounge not a full diner.
They did get a lot of favorable reviews
I don't know how much they spent or what media they used to promote the train so maybey they ran a good campaign but still didn't get enough people
I hope they try to revive their service on another route

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Pullman Rail Journeys wsabo 02-16-2016 - 20:34
  Re: Pullman Rail Journeys Money 02-16-2016 - 22:26
  Re: Pullman Rail Journeys wsabo 02-17-2016 - 10:45
  Re: Pullman Rail Journeys wsabo 02-17-2016 - 11:39
  Re: Pullman Rail Journeys Cprr 02-18-2016 - 07:14
  Re: Pullman Rail Journeys wsabo 02-18-2016 - 12:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com