Re: Hal Lewis
Author: Dmac844
Date: 09-10-2016 - 13:17

So sad to hear of Hal's passing.

As a member of the Promontory Chapter NRHS I was able to work with Hal on several Pacific Limited excursions in the 1990s,Hal was our VP of Operations and was a class act all around, we all had tremendous respect for Hal.

His dedication to providing the very best experience possible for our excursion riders was second to none. As an example I will never forget, I will tell a quick story from the Pacific Limited April 1995 Feather River excursions with the E9s. It rained in the canyon that whole weekend, after being stuck behind a landslide for a couple of hours Saturday the Union Pacific elected not to run in the canyon for the Sunday trip. Instead we ran from Oroville down to Fremont. Unfortunately our passengers lunch was supposed to be held at the museum in Portola during the train's layover and we had no on-board lunches planned. As the train prepared to leave Oroville Sunday morning Hal got in his car and drove down to Stockton to try to round up some food for several hundred passengers instead of riding the train. He was not able to round up food before we got to Stockton southbound, but on the return from Fremont we stopped in Stockton and Hal was there with several dozen pizzas for a 'late' lunch. I was always impressed with Hal's dedication, but that was in my opinion above and beyond.

Rest in Peace Hal.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Hal Lewis Drew Jacksich 09-09-2016 - 22:23
  Re: Hal Lewis -- R.I.P., Hal Margaret (SP fan) 09-09-2016 - 22:48
  Re: Hal Lewis -- R.I.P., Hal Bruce Kelly 09-10-2016 - 07:48
  Re: Hal Lewis -- R.I.P., Hal stash 09-10-2016 - 08:55
  Re: Hal Lewis Dmac844 09-10-2016 - 13:17
  Re: Hal Lewis Jim Fitzgerald 09-10-2016 - 14:03
  Re: Hal Lewis David Dewey 09-11-2016 - 01:19
  Re: Hal Lewis RMCX3051 09-10-2016 - 14:12
  Re: Hal Lewis Bob Williams 09-10-2016 - 18:54
  Re: Hal Lewis Bill Kohler 09-12-2016 - 07:58

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com