Re: SP Eugene, Oregon
Author: L P & N Gandy
Date: 09-30-2016 - 18:06

Yes, the SP machine shop building is still standing. A lot of the windows are broken all around, but the shop itself is still being used somewhat. Once in a while I will see a loco parked inside, if it has been opened up for some reason. Portland and Western, CORP Div., or Coos Bay Rail Link will be tied up just outside, for minor work or temp. parking. Amtrak parks their commuter train there, for cleaning and for standby between runs to the North. The turntable is right there, and I think it is still working. I have not been inside the building since the UP took over, not worth the hassle. My old SP friends would let me in at night. I have heard the rumor of demolition, and I am surprised UP has not done that already, but today I saw no signs of anything like that going on. They do a cleanup just before the 'Suits' ride through, but other than that I don't know. UP has torn down almost everything else.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SP Eugene, Oregon Don B 09-29-2016 - 19:54
  Re: SP Eugene, Oregon SP5103 09-29-2016 - 20:58
  Re: SP Eugene, Oregon Geob 09-30-2016 - 06:38
  Re: SP Eugene, Oregon L P & N Gandy 09-30-2016 - 18:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com