Re: More on Pacific Imperial Railroad chapter 11
Author: BOB2s
Date: 10-29-2016 - 15:31

I retired in 2008 and did some consulting. That is when I was last involved. I was not impressed with the earlier management team, either.

All of these folks talked a lot of nonsense about the traffic potential, and of how "if only" a "white knight" with the vision could provide the cash (be it the "evil" gubmint, the "deep pockets" Port, or an "investor" be it mysterious foreign, and/or domestic....????).

The "con" artists, as you, among others, have describe them, at about that time, were seen as the fulfillment of the "prophecy", of that "savior" "visionary" "investor", which as you note, in the end, they were clearly not...?

There is still talk of opening back up from the Baja group, but I still don't see a rail traffic base that would produce enough revenue to justify even the minimum $50-100 million dollar investment to bring this up to a reliable state of "minimal" good repair for a base of through traffic to the UP...... But, sand and aggregate on the east end might actually work. So this sage will likely continue to provide plenty of entertainment and troll fodder for a few more years.....

But, if someone ever has the "where with all" to open a tourist line through the Gorge, I'll sure buy a ticket on that......

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  More on Pacific Imperial Railroad chapter 11 Sp6453 10-28-2016 - 23:31
  Re: More on Pacific Imperial Railroad chapter 11 Cprr 10-29-2016 - 07:39
  Re: More on Pacific Imperial Railroad chapter 11 BOB2 10-29-2016 - 10:03
  Re: More on Pacific Imperial Railroad chapter 11 SpringSwitcher 10-29-2016 - 12:05
  Re: More on Pacific Imperial Railroad chapter 11 BOB2s 10-29-2016 - 15:31
  Re: More on Pacific Imperial Railroad chapter 11 An Observer 10-29-2016 - 15:46
  Re: More on Pacific Imperial Railroad chapter 11 SpringSwitcher 10-29-2016 - 18:47
  Re: More on Pacific Imperial Railroad chapter 11 kunkal 12-23-2023 - 22:48
  Re: More on Pacific Imperial Railroad chapter 11 kunkal 12-23-2023 - 22:51

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com