Trying To Remember...
Author: almo
Date: 07-15-2008 - 23:13

I was thinking of my early times in Stevens Pass. I didn't know exactly where to go and railfan, and decided to explore some side roads. There are few to choose from, as the highway and BN (at the time) are pretty close to one another and you didn't have to really leave the roadway. It was still Spring, and I almost discovered Foss River Bridge by luck. The only thing stopping me was a downhill grade that curved to the left. It looked steep enough for me to decide on not going any farther. It turned out that just above me and around that corner, I would have found the bridge. Darn that slick ice.

There was this one particular part of the trip that I was on the West side of the pass, somewhere between Index and Baring, where I happened upon a low-lying railroad trestle while on a back road. There was a low fog, and found a WB train coming out of the mist on the bridge by surprise a few moments later. Magic. I didn't remember if it was a paved or a dirt road. Has anyone else found it? Can you tell me where it is? I do remember a peculiar checkpoint of some sorts on that road. Maybe a fish hatchery, drug rehab, military, or nudist colony for the rich. I don't remember what purpose the kiosk served, but it seemed to be important enough to keep tabs on whomever wanted to use it.

Mr. Kelly, can you shed some light on the subject?
Thanks.
almo

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Trying To Remember... almo 07-15-2008 - 23:13
  Re: Trying To Remember... Sasquatch 07-16-2008 - 11:59
  Re: Trying To Remember... up833 07-16-2008 - 17:54
  Re: Trying To Remember... George Andrews 07-17-2008 - 13:43

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com