Re: Metrolink 91 Line/OERM/Weekend Service
Author: BOB2
Date: 04-11-2017 - 10:41

The 91 project costs, overruns, and delays ate up RCTC's budget.....which after years of disruptions and congestion is finally approaching "completion" of at least the most expensive elements. It's just too bad, that after over 10 years of horrific construction related congestion, growth out there has already caused the congestion levels to well exceed the amount of capacity that been added.....

So after years and years of postponements and delay, RCTC, was finally able to rebuild, and begin limited commuter operations on the Perris line. Unfortunately, they don't have enough funding to operate more than a "bare bones" weekday LA only directional schedule, which is also useless for access, even during the week, to OERM, and no weekend service.

I know there have been a lot of complaints, and even performance issues with ridership on the existing schedule, so my old pal John Standiford, at RCTC, is probably trying to figure out something to do about it, if they can find the funds.

There has been a weekend special, but no regular services, that I know of, at present.

Hey! Maybe, that's something Jeff Stone, representing that area, could have traded a vote for in the gas tax deal?

Nah.......! Because obviously, in the name of political "purity", it was better to just let his constituents waste vast amount of time and money sitting in the perpetual gridlock on the 15 and 215, while the developers down there, who provide a good amount of his campaign funds, build more and more housing, without the freeways or commuter rail capacity needed to support what appear to be some the longest (distance and travel times) and most severly congested work commutes we've ever observed, in the entire United States.....

I haven't spoken to anyone out there recently, so this may be in the works, now that 91 is finally winding down, so I'll try to check on that.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Metrolink 91 Line/OERM/Weekend Service SP4460 04-11-2017 - 09:58
  Re: Metrolink 91 Line/OERM/Weekend Service Mick 04-11-2017 - 10:22
  Re: Metrolink 91 Line/OERM/Weekend Service Ken Shattock (KRK) 04-11-2017 - 10:39
  Re: Metrolink 91 Line/OERM/Weekend Service BOB2 04-11-2017 - 10:41
  Re: Metrolink 91 Line/OERM/Weekend Service Question 04-11-2017 - 11:34
  Re: Metrolink 91 Line/OERM/Weekend Service SP4460 04-11-2017 - 11:50
  Re: Metrolink 91 Line/OERM/Weekend Service CPRR 04-11-2017 - 15:57
  Re: Metrolink 91 Line/OERM/Weekend Service JOHN 04-11-2017 - 17:14

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com