Re: UP Permanente Local
Author: Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez
Date: 04-24-2017 - 15:52

Note this info may be a bit old as UP move a lot of Bay Area Local ops around back in sept of 2016 or so when they moved most of them to Warm Springs Yard... It may be a bit of help though...

The Permanente Local uses the symbol LRB32. They will often be refereed to as the Perm on the radio. They run Mon-Fri, and will typically have the potential to work the Vasona Branch on Mon, Wed, Fri. Tue, Thur they work other industries in San Jose. Typically they will make 1-2 trips a week up to the cement plant at the end of the branch. Fridays are you're best bet, but are far from guaranteed. I have in my notes that they are on duty around 0700. They will spend some time switching in the yard first then run down the warm springs sub to CalTrain at CP Shark ... may have been renames, but either way the Wye track just north of the San Jose Station. From there they will briefly run on the CalTrain line over to the Vasona Branch. They will call the CalTrain dispatcher to get signals before they get to the CalTrain line. If you have ATCS Mon you can keep an eye for them getting lined.

For radio frequencies try 38 for WS Yard, 42 for the Warm Springs Sub and the Vasona Branch, and 27 for CalTrain. I also have in my notes that 88 and 96 can be used as switching channels and are worth listening to.

As I said at the start this is all a few+ years old, so not sure how accurate it is, but hope something here can help you a bit.

Take care,
~Matt

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP Permanente Local Erik H. 04-21-2017 - 21:38
  Re: UP Permanente Local Bay Areaer 04-22-2017 - 01:08
  Re: UP Permanente Local Erik H. 04-22-2017 - 09:39
  Re: UP Permanente Local Negin 04-22-2017 - 14:57
  Re: UP Permanente Local Matt C. Batryn-Rodriguez 04-24-2017 - 15:52
  Re: UP Permanente Local Erik H. 04-24-2017 - 17:49
  Re: UP Permanente Local 4 axle 04-25-2017 - 05:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com