Re: World Coal News-And, Maybe Some Trains?
Author: BOB2
Date: 05-21-2017 - 18:37

Since this is a friggiin train site, my only advice is to get your coal train shots, while you can.

Gas is just soooooo much cheaper, so most of this post is blowing "smoke".... Conspiracy theories about how regulations aren't stopping any "clean" coal, prices are driving this, and China is doing it, too.

And, the last time I checked, no matter how much crap like sulfur or NOx you can "scrub" it is yet another significant added cost to use coal, that does nothing for the fact that coal still produces 2-3 times as much CO2, than gas. So "cleaner" compared to what and at what prices.

I also think that there is some interesting new technology nuclear plants are feasible, and would be useful for peak load availability and stability,, which have way less risk than the current generation of reactors. But I also see huge breakthrough in cheap large scale and economical battery technologies, and most important much less energy intensive lighting, cooling, appliances, business equipment, and entertainment, as probably the biggest things reducing electrical consumption per capita, and changing our lifestyles permanently around the world. Which is why China is one of the biggest and cheapest producers of things like solar panels and LED bulbs.

Since we haven't completely blown up the world with China this week, I think we will continue to see more rail shipment "clean" American western power coal, in the mid term (next 5 years or so) for export to China, through certain west coast ports, to reduce the sulfur suffocating China's cities.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  And in other World Coal News Pdxrailtransit 05-19-2017 - 11:59
  Re: And in other World Coal News I could be wrong.... 05-20-2017 - 09:27
  Re: And in other World Coal News So ... wait .... 05-20-2017 - 12:16
  Re: And in other World Coal News Norm Schultze 05-21-2017 - 05:56
  Re: And in other World Coal News So ... wait .... 05-21-2017 - 11:15
  Re: And in other World Coal News Norm Schultze 05-21-2017 - 11:45
  Re: World Coal News-And, Maybe Some Trains? BOB2 05-21-2017 - 18:37

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com