Re: Shooting in Rialto? Yep, it's a "planned" community, too.....
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-04-2017 - 15:40

Yeah, it is a bad hood, and they used to find bodies dumped in the wash out there every so often, too, all the way back to my RR days It wasn't a recent shooting incident though, everybody turned out okay, and that's always good. But, Rialto is a classic case of a kind of almost sickly perverse "planned" suburban blight, at its very worst.

I took the ML to SB to meet CQP and photograph 2751 with my GF on a Saturday AM from LAUPT, they let about a half dozen folks, some still in County jail "sandals", just released, board the train, with tickets "home" after being released. My GF was horrified, but I assured her that they would all get off in Rialto.... Sure enough, we looked down, after pulling into Rialto, and there were all of the prisoners, getting off of the train.

We've come a long way in the process of exporting our problems of crime and poverty to cheaper housing in this distant "suburbs", to places like Rialto, Victorville, or large swaths of Moreno Valley. In the last 30 years those with higher paying work, seeking better access to the new tech or degree oriented jobs in the city centers, have caused skyrocketing urban housing values, that have forced many poorer communities from what was formerly "affordable" urban neighborhoods "out", to this new "affordable" housing.

These suburban locations are also where much of the semi-skilled lower wage "grunt" jobs in things like in logistics, which used to be located in the urban industrial core, began to relocate, as early as the late 70's, accelerating ever since..... So many folks from those communities in the adjacent neighborhoods, also followed those jobs. Unfortunately, that period of growth and "migration" to Rialto, also coincided with the epidemic rise in gangs in those historic "urban" cores, during the 80's, and that too, was exported to Rialto.

So yes, one can indeed build more "affordable" housing in the outer suburbs, like we did in Rialto..... What is that old curse again.....? Oh yeah, "Be careful what you ask for......"

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Who is shooting in Colton and why? Lt. Columbo 07-03-2017 - 22:25
  Re: Shooting.........the bull? BOB2 07-04-2017 - 00:06
  Re: Shooting.........the bull? bruce holleran 07-04-2017 - 09:45
  Re: Shooting in Rialto? Yep, it's a "planned" community, too..... BOB2 07-04-2017 - 15:40
  Re: Shooting.........the bull? Dindu Nuffin 07-04-2017 - 17:58
  Re: Shooting.........the bull? bruce holleran 07-04-2017 - 18:28
  Re: Shooting.........the bull? Palmdale Cutoff in the days of yore.... BOB2 07-04-2017 - 21:18
  Re: Who is shooting in Colton and why? Up LASU 07-04-2017 - 19:48
  Re: Who is shooting in Colton and why? Disgusted 07-06-2017 - 07:08
  Re: Who is shooting in Colton and why? Obama's sons 07-06-2017 - 20:04

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com