Re: California high speed rail will not die Maybe he has no reference because it's BS
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-20-2017 - 12:39

I'm not exactly known, on Altamont, as a "fan" of the CHSRA fiasco. Nor am I a particular fan of the dubiously competent and questionably connected Nancy Pelosi, for all kinds of verifiable and legitimate policy, ethical, and philosophical reasons.

But, as Kraut asked, where is the citation for this accusation of corruption? Can't you at least tell us where exactly where this vineyard that will be a such a windfall for Pelosi, after a court empaneled condemnation jury follows the judges instructions in a trial, to determine the "fair market value", as required by CA law located?

I ask because, despite my issues with this project and this personality, I find that bull$#it is always bull$#it, especially if it's nothing but bull$#it, and we get so much bull$#it these days, from so many useless trolls peddling so much bull$#it all of the time.........

So, this accusation, for which I can't seem to find any attribution or sourcing, sure sounds to me like the kind of crap that was only just recently pulled fresh out of someone's posterior opening.

For the record, and it's easily found, Pelosi does own outright a vineyard in St, Helena (nowhere near HSR route....?), and does own an interest in Ernest and Julio Gallo, which does own land everywhere, but of which she is not either the direct owner or immediate beneficiary of any fair market value condemnation under CA law.

I have all kinds of policy issues about the purported travel needs to be met by the enormous CHSRA investment, about the years of continuing incompetence and mismanagement from the planning, to the funding, to the public deceptions, to the poor contracting practices, and bloated costs.....

But, I have actually worked on some big "political" projects in my career, both in the public and private sectors, including over ten years of my career following the exploits of the CHSRA fiasco and I've seen my share of political corruption both individual and institutional. So, I do not rule that out at all, given the dismal performance, gross mismanagement, and bloated costs of the CHSRA fiasco.

Unfortunately, given that experience of seeing some real political corruption, in person (including things like all the San Berdo Supes convicted and/or implicated taking straight out cash bribes from developers), I also know where the real money is to be stolen in PW projects of this scale, and where the campaign contributions are actually laundered, and in my experience, it's not in condemnation court.

So, to me at least, without any real sourcing, this great Pelosi land grab accusation, sure sounds like it's nothing but the usual pure line of unsubstantiated troll crap, aka bull$3it.......

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  California high speed rail will not die News: Manteca Bulletin 07-19-2017 - 19:39
  Re: California high speed rail will not die synonymouse 07-19-2017 - 20:31
  Re: California high speed rail will not die Travis 07-20-2017 - 06:01
  Re: California high speed rail will not die Kraut 07-20-2017 - 09:34
  Re: California high speed rail will not die Kraut 07-20-2017 - 09:57
  Re: California high speed rail will not die Maybe he has no reference because it's BS BOB2 07-20-2017 - 12:39
  Re: California high speed rail will not die a straight post 07-20-2017 - 13:08
  Re: California high speed rail will not die with a bang, but with a whimper BOB2 07-20-2017 - 13:45
  Re: California high speed rail will not die with a bang, but with a whimper Erik H. 07-23-2017 - 09:27
  Re: California high speed rail will not die with a bang, but with a whimper synonymouse 07-23-2017 - 10:33
  Re: California high speed rail will not die espee2472 07-20-2017 - 19:32
  Re: California high speed rail will not die synonymouse 07-20-2017 - 20:57
  Re: California high speed rail will not die Commenter 07-20-2017 - 22:50

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com