Re: Puget Sound Electric Interurban Robbery Story
Author: Nussel Snouts
Date: 09-01-2017 - 06:05

Quote:
Neat. I became familiar with that spot from Warren Wing's first NW rail pictorial.

I purchased the same book when first published. Imagine my surprise when initially paging through the book and noticing a photo of my dad's '63 Chevrolet parked at Auburn, WA in one of the scenes. We had parked just off C St SW and embarked on an approximate 7 mile hike along the NP line as far as Covington, WA that Saturday. The subject of the photo was the passing of the westbound North Coast Ltd off the Stampede line onto the Tacoma-Seattle main. Later in the day my dad captured a movie of the eastbound NCL near Covington. Fortunately we happened to be right by a pair of semaphores which appear in the movie as the train is approaching. Sadly there was a dead cat that had been hung from the blade of one of those semaphores. Plenty of trains on the Stampede line in those days. At the time GN and NP had near equal the traffic over their respective Cascade lines.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Puget Sound Electric Interurban Robbery Story Nussel Snouts 08-27-2017 - 00:06
  Re: Puget Sound Electric Interurban Robbery Story Nussel Snouts 08-27-2017 - 00:18
  Re: Puget Sound Electric Interurban Robbery Story ... 08-27-2017 - 15:52
  Re: Puget Sound Electric Interurban Robbery Story Nussel Snouts 09-01-2017 - 06:05
  Re: Puget Sound Electric Interurban Robbery Story Rod 08-27-2017 - 18:15

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com