Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose!
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-15-2017 - 11:56

Form follows function..........

This is a piece of industrial equipment designed to optimize within certain safety and efficiency parameters, not a frigging art contest.

I could just imagine, that if we had streamliners first instead, and then had replaced them with ugly filthy steamies, that I'd be hearing the same whiny crap..... Steam locomotives sometimes weren't all that pretty, either. With enough time, it seems that nostalgia will make even our less glamourous girlfriends, seem so much more beautiful.......

Do these engines operate efficiently, are they easy to access for maintenance, do they ride well, do they have good adhesion, and good acceleration, are they safer in a crash.......?

I've seen some great looking British classic cars that were pieces of crap mechanically. I know that these engines aren't as "sexy" looking as a lash up of F-7's on the Super Chief, but I'm more interested in how they perform.

I too, do confess that I miss the streamlined lines of the F units and the PA's..... Who doesn't, who was lucky enough to have seen those times? But, in the here and now, I'm more interested in seeing one of these new Siemens engines flying through Camp Pendleton, when the DT is fully finished, with a 7 car Surfliner, at 110 mph., while the I-5 traffic next to it will be doing about 20 mph. both ways.

As to all of this whining about the Siemens look?

As Rosanna Rosannadanna used to say: "It's always something......"

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! Pdxrailtransit 11-14-2017 - 19:25
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! synonymouse 11-14-2017 - 19:39
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! Pdxrailtransit 11-14-2017 - 19:52
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! Industrial Goth 11-15-2017 - 09:08
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! Clem 11-14-2017 - 20:48
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! Berg 11-15-2017 - 04:37
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! Agent 99 11-15-2017 - 09:52
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! Commenter 11-15-2017 - 11:26
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! BOB2 11-15-2017 - 11:56
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! Pdxrailtransit 11-15-2017 - 12:53
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! Espee99 11-15-2017 - 13:19
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! Jack 11-15-2017 - 14:17
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! Brian 11-15-2017 - 15:14
  Re: Does Siemens Make the Most God Awful Locomotives on Purpose! jst3751 11-16-2017 - 13:40

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com