Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures ... BOB2 ..... Well...?
Author: BOB2
Date: 01-21-2018 - 18:20

Graham,

You weren't the other troll, the mouse is.

I'm no bigger fan the Putin's Giant Cheeto in the Oval Office, than I am of Brown's handling of the CHSRA.... So, I hope you haven't misjudged me on that score, like some of those on the left have? If stupid is the equal exact opposite of stupid, and those are the only two choices we are ever given, how exactly are we any of us better off, as individuals, or as a society, from the choices offered in that zero sum game?

SP843 may not be a troll at all, and maybe was just overreacting to a fool bleating nonsense, with assumptions and a defensiveness that were maybe more gut based, than wholly brain based.

You may actually be the "troll of many names" posting under Graham's handle, too. But, when we make coherent points and ask real questions, it is usually pretty easy to differentiate between that and the horsecrap spread by useless trolls or Putin's bots.

I don't base my analysis and criticism of CHSRA "under the influence" of some dubious idealistic unobtainable true believer quasi religious ideological abstractions or predispositions. Although I certainly know just how dear that worldview is to the simplistic pseudo Marxists and Ayn Rand acolytes, on our goofy fringes.

My core education ended up being in mathematical economics, specializing in transport economics, who was once a hoghead, and later worked at the planning and analysis of a wide variety of transportation issues.

My training has been to observe what is going on, figure out what we are trying to do, why we are doing it, and to try and assess f it is worth doing. I do this by trying to measure things, collecting data, comparing the costs and the benefits of things, and quantifying direct and indirect costs and benefits, often from the various tradeoffs in different options, making predictions as to likely outcomes, and finally making recommendations, in an imperfect and ever changing world.

So when the facts change, or the world changes, my results will often change. When predictions are wrong, we try to figure out why, and make better ones. When things go wrong we try to figure out why and find fixes.

I have the old school habit of doing the research first, then coming up with the answers. I don't use the we all "believe" this is the "answer" first, then we do the research to justify it later method, as the CHSRA did, and most ideologues do.

If the benefits don't add up to the costs, that is how I call them. As a result, I have had plenty of folks who didn't like it when I'd burst the balloon on their particular brand of ideological political fantasy, with unpleasant facts.

Yours truly,

The genuine palindromic BOB2

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures of the Runaway Money Train" BOB2 01-21-2018 - 08:05
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures of the Runaway Money Train" Graham Buxton 01-21-2018 - 08:42
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures of the Runaway Money Train" synonymouse 01-21-2018 - 11:07
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures of the Runaway Money Train" SP843 01-21-2018 - 15:02
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures ... ">> Troll again ... Graham Buxton 01-21-2018 - 15:28
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures ... ">> Troll again ... SP843 01-21-2018 - 15:33
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures ... ">> Troll again ... Graham Buxton 01-21-2018 - 15:49
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures ... ">> Troll versu Troll Graham BOB2 01-21-2018 - 15:58
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures ... ">> Troll is now impersonating BOB2 .. Graham Buxton 01-21-2018 - 16:10
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures ... BOB2 ..... Well...? BOB2 01-21-2018 - 18:20
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures ... BOB2 ..... Well...? Graham Buxton 01-21-2018 - 19:35
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures of the Runaway Money Train" BOB2 01-21-2018 - 15:54
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures of the Runaway Money Train" synonymouse 01-21-2018 - 18:17
  Re: Say it ain't so Joe? "Adventures of the Runaway Money Train" Troll Of Many Names 01-21-2018 - 20:49

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com