Port of Royal Slope RR
Author: Bill Maltby
Date: 06-03-2018 - 18:14

I paid a visit to the Port of Royal Slope RR 6/3. There are some signs of life and actual freight business.

For those that don't know this operation is owned by the Port of Royal Slope, an operation in Washington about 25 miles west of Othello. The track they own is former Milwaukee Road mainline from Othello to Royal City Jct and then the Royal City Branch. It was OOS for years until a couple of years ago when the Port contracted for a big tie replacement program. They now have an operator.

There are two locomotives on the line, ex-MRL SD45 331 still in MRL blue and ex-Norfolk Southern GP38-2 5082 (high short hood) still in NS black. Both are stenciled WRL which apparently stands for Washington Royal Line. But, lists of AAR reporting marks I checked show WRL as Western Refrigerator Line. There were a few freight cars around and signs the track has been used so there is some business.

There are also 15-20 stored tank cars just east of the old MILW Taunton substation.

I have no idea when or how often they run. The MRS-1 that was brought in years ago by a previous failed operator is also still on a siding in Royal City.

Some more info here: [portofroyal.com]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Port of Royal Slope RR Bill Maltby 06-03-2018 - 18:14
  Re: Port of Royal Slope RR Graham Buxton 06-03-2018 - 19:51
  Re: Port of Royal Slope RR Damon Hill 06-04-2018 - 17:33

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com