Re: A little more of St Maries River Railroad
Author: ShortlinesUSA
Date: 08-15-2018 - 08:48

Sharing links is one thing, but check out this recent little gem from the site's forums:

"Meanwhile, you're upset and threatening to leave because you've temporarily lost your front page privileges since you were caught not once, but twice, using a custom script to automatically add fake views to every one of your images in order to get the front page (the second time coming two days after you admitted to it and promised me personally that it would never happen again)."

Link if you want to read the whole thread: [forums.railpictures.net]

This involves a very popular photographer who contributes material from around the world, many from places few of us could ever dream of going (or possibly aspire to). I was floored by this action, but I know from personal experience, if one of your photos quickly makes it to one of the homepage positions (Top 24, Peoples Choice, etc.) and sits there all day, you're going to get a ton of views. I guess that's what matters.

Mike Derrick

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  A little more of St Maries River Railroad Steve Carter 08-14-2018 - 21:30
  Re: A little more of St Maries River Railroad Egomaniac 08-15-2018 - 08:12
  Re: A little more of St Maries River Railroad ShortlinesUSA 08-15-2018 - 08:48
  Re: A little more of St Maries River Railroad Jim Fitzgerald 08-15-2018 - 15:37
  Re: A little more of St Maries River Railroad G.R. 08-16-2018 - 10:25
  Re: A little more of St Maries River Railroad Lauren Scrafford 08-16-2018 - 14:56
  Re: A little more of St Maries River Railroad Matt M 08-15-2018 - 17:38
  Re: A little more of St Maries River Railroad Steve Carter 08-15-2018 - 19:54
  Re: A little more of St Maries River Railroad Rolland Meyers 08-15-2018 - 20:25
  Re: A little more of St Maries River Railroad Steve Carter 08-15-2018 - 22:45
  Re: A little more of St Maries River Railroad Lauren Scrafford 08-16-2018 - 08:54
  Re: A little more of St Maries River Railroad Rolland Meyers 08-15-2018 - 20:54

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com