Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go
Author: synonymouse
Date: 09-04-2018 - 20:58

Muni had the R trolley bus but I am not sure where it ran or the exact date put into operation. I think prewar.

Interestingly for the 100 class Jewett MSRy cars it seemed to be 7 come 11. They mostly operated on Haight St. AFAIK, and supposedly mostly the lighter MSR home-made cars on the 11. But here you see a lot of fotos of 100's on the 11. Damn, I wish I could have been there to have seen them.

The 100's must have been good hill-climbers. I think Haight St. is steeper.

Muni did not keep the 7 on Lincoln Way let alone convert it. It did not convert the 2, 11, 19 or the 15 or the B. Willie Brown had gotten the money in the Legislature to convert the 71 but the dolts never carried it thru. But the B-38 is the worst case - Muni is prepared to blow a lot of scarce funds to underground the M, a line with much less patronage than Geary. I guess SF gets what it deserves.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go wandering wonderer 09-04-2018 - 16:38
  Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go synonymouse 09-04-2018 - 17:05
  Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go wandering wonderer 09-04-2018 - 17:47
  Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go HUTCH 7.62 09-04-2018 - 19:29
  Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go synonymouse 09-04-2018 - 20:58
  Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go Negin 09-04-2018 - 22:16
  Re: More Mappy Things - where San Francisco and Key System Used to Go wandering wonderer 09-04-2018 - 22:42

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com