Re: HSR, true believers, nutjobs, politicians, and reality....you heard it here first?
Author: BOB2
Date: 10-12-2018 - 10:12

When I had mentioned Newsom's questioning of the CAHSRA fiasco, a few months back, I seem to remember that I got a ration of crap.

Newsom has always had doubts, which I think have been repeatedly confirmed by the evidence, about both the costs and/or the purported supposed benefits for real CA voters, taxpayers, and travelers in private. So this doesn't really surprise me, as I have reported this in past posts.

John Cox (not the John Cox who was the respected former GOP Mayor of Newport Beach) appears to be pretty much a clown with no real solutions to anything, just pandering to his base. He sure ain't no George Deukmejian.

The gas tax hadn't been raised by the legislature since the big compromise with Katz back in the early 90's, and our roads look like crap, with billions in damage from larger trucks and years of neglected maintenance, or upgrades. If we had raised the State gas tax for the inflation rate, it would have gone up well over 15 cents a gallon, since we last raised it, over 25 years ago.

Does John Cox support the President's new "ethanol" mandate, which will use the jack booted power of the Federal "gubmint" to impose a "Soviet" style economic policy to force consumers to pay an extra 20 cents a gallon for gasoline, in order to forcibly transfer our wealth into the pockets of uncompetitive ethanol producers? So much for so-called "free market" "conservative" "principles", when one is pandering to chanting mobs in Iowa, right? Well, at least that will put some more traffic on those corn belt short lines, and manifest trains west.....

The train hating nutjobs are in (or maybe on?) ecstasy over this article (as usual).

The CHSRA apologist's are in agony over this article (as usual).

Politicians still have their fingers up in the air, to see which way the political winds are blowing, and then pandering to what the focus group told them that their "base" wants to hear (as usual).

So, while we piss more away every day, on the CHSRA's "runaway money train", we will mostly all still be stuck in traffic somewhere today (as usual)…. And, real life goes on... (as usual....).

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  NorCal Newsom says he'd delay (i.e.kill) HSR south of Bakersfield Rosie Palmdale 10-11-2018 - 09:48
  Re: NorCal Newsom says he'd delay (i.e.kill) HSR south of Bakersfield synonymouse 10-11-2018 - 10:18
  Re: NorCal Newsom says he'd delay (i.e.kill) HSR south of Bakersfield Save California! 10-11-2018 - 11:44
  Re: NorCal Newsom says he'd delay (i.e.kill) HSR south of Bakersfield Commenter 10-11-2018 - 15:15
  Re: NorCal Newsom says he'd delay (i.e.kill) HSR south of Bakersfield yep 10-11-2018 - 15:48
  Re: John Cox & Public Transit That Bus Guy 10-11-2018 - 18:13
  Re: John Cox & Public Transit Truth out 10-11-2018 - 18:24
  Re: John Cox & Public Transit tundraboomer 10-11-2018 - 19:12
  Re: John Cox & Public Transit Tent City, Kalifornia 10-12-2018 - 10:34
  Re: HSR, true believers, nutjobs, politicians, and reality....you heard it here first? BOB2 10-12-2018 - 10:12
  Re: John Cox & Public Transit read the whole package 10-12-2018 - 11:48
  And then there is Travis Allen HUTCH 7.62 10-12-2018 - 13:29
  Re: NorCal Newsom says he'd delay (i.e.kill) HSR south of Bakersfield Clem 10-11-2018 - 19:17
  Re: NorCal Newsom says he'd delay (i.e.kill) HSR south of Bakersfield synonymouse 10-11-2018 - 20:13

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com