Re: UP LRQ-50 Mission Bay Update
Author: ngeorge
Date: 03-01-2019 - 19:24

Another notable change... they are actually using the south end of the Warm Springs Sub to access the Peninsula on both legs of the trip out to Redwood City and back. For at least the past 10-15 years, only the daytime locals have used this 10 mph section of track, nothing at night. Earlier this week, I could hear what sounded like a GEVO's horn in the distance blowing for all the crossings (11 to be exact) through Japantown at 2am... and I'm about 4 miles away up on Communications Hill. Sure the nearby residents are loving that!

While I'm not sure how accurate this is, it was also reported on another group today that the Mission Bay will be using the inbound MRVWS power each night, and returning via Newhall yard, where they will build the core of the next day's MWSRV before heading back to Warm Springs. If true, it does makes sense... no need for the Salinas Hauler to run all the way to Warm Springs.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP LRQ-50 Mission Bay Update Lance Gleich 02-28-2019 - 23:59
  Re: UP LRQ-50 Mission Bay Update sklinck1 03-01-2019 - 00:08
  Re: UP LRQ-50 Mission Bay Update ngeorge 03-01-2019 - 19:24
  Re: UP LRQ-50 Mission Bay Update Lance Gleich 03-01-2019 - 20:02
  Re: UP LRQ-50 Mission Bay Update Barry Witt 05-30-2019 - 19:15

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com