Re: So instead of the San Joaquins thru running you'll have to change trains
Author: les
Date: 05-07-2019 - 10:06

"So instead of the logical solution of switching the San Joaquins to the HSR line in the first phase, they'll force everyone to change trains at Merced BFE"

My take:
Once they have ACE and SJs updated down to Merced I believe there will be more frequent electric trains running (every 1/2 hour I believe as opposed to the 7 or so SJ runs now). With most the state switching to electrics I don't see any major passenger diesel purchases on the horizon.

It cost 84 million per year to subsidize ACE and the SJs. By taking the SJs out of service south of Merced and using the electrics the subsidies will reduce to 63 million between the 3 systems.

Also, time saved by faster speed should more than offset any transfer penalty.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Perfunctory party-line SF Chron editorial on CAHSR synonymouse 05-06-2019 - 16:57
  So instead of the San Joaquins thru running you'll have to change trains Disgusted 05-07-2019 - 08:27
  Re: So instead of the San Joaquins thru running you'll have to change trains david vartanoff 05-07-2019 - 08:57
  Re: While Mouse is a troll baiting fool, this fiasco is still a mess.... BOB2 05-07-2019 - 09:26
  Re: So instead of the San Joaquins thru running you'll have to change trains les 05-07-2019 - 10:06
  Re: So instead of the San Joaquins thru running you'll have to change trains les 05-07-2019 - 10:33
  Market it and they will come - eventually Brightline approach 05-07-2019 - 16:18
  Re: Perfunctory party-line SF Chron editorial on CAHSR synonymouse 05-07-2019 - 10:32
  Re: Even broken cuckoo clock is right, twice a day... BOB2 05-07-2019 - 10:44

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com