Re: Thanks for posting, Oceano Ed-The title was fine, and it's good news, it's just too bade these things seem to take so many "decades" to accomplish.....
Author: BOB2
Date: 05-16-2019 - 11:10

My peevish "reality check" aside, people like Amtrak. It has high name recognition. As a marketing vehicle, for rail travel, the Amtrak "brand" has been a phenomenal success...as a national rail system, not so much. I, in my former life, would have written exactly the same press release. But, the reality is that you and I, the CA taxpayer, are doing this, not Amtrak.

More weekend service is a recognition of the importance of that market segment. As have the myriad of complaints about all of the recent weekend shutdowns on LOSSAN in San Diego County. Hopefully, they don' have many of those coming in the busy summer travel season?

I did some work for a former local elected official, about 6 years ago, on the possibility of extending the LOSSAN IC corridor, with additional "express" services, through LAUPT from San Diego, directly to Santa Clarita, and Palmdale/Lancaster. This also included discussions of the current thru-way connecting buses (BAK to LV, LAUPT, Pasadena, San Bernardino, and how such services, including proposed SR14-US 395 connecting bus services to the high desert, Owens Valley, and Eastern Sierra communities, which could connect to the proposed rail service extensions.

It's just too bad, that these days, it can take up to four decades, to get even what many would consider some of the most obviously useful and even relatively "doable" improvements, actually done...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Amtrak is expanding San Joaquin Oceano Ed 05-16-2019 - 08:48
  Re: Amtrak is not expanding San Joaquin-The San Joaquin Joint Powers Authority is.... BOB2 05-16-2019 - 10:18
  Re: Amtrak is not expanding San Joaquin-The San Joaquin Joint Powers Authority is.... synonymouse 05-16-2019 - 10:29
  Re: Amtrak is not expanding San Joaquin-The San Joaquin Joint Powers Authority is.... FUD 05-16-2019 - 16:22
  Thanks for posting, Oceano Ed Not Insufferable 05-16-2019 - 10:33
  Re: Thanks for posting, Oceano Ed-The title was fine, and it's good news, it's just too bade these things seem to take so many "decades" to accomplish..... BOB2 05-16-2019 - 11:10
  Re: Thanks for posting, Oceano Ed ron 05-16-2019 - 11:11
  Re: Thanks for posting, Oceano Ed Curioso 05-16-2019 - 11:55
  Re: Thanks for posting, Oceano Ed FUD 05-16-2019 - 16:25
  Re: Thanks for posting, Oceano Ed ron 05-16-2019 - 19:10
  Re: Thanks for posting, Oceano Ed FUD 05-16-2019 - 20:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com