Author: mvs
Date: 06-16-2019 - 17:06

Earlier today, I got off 422 (the Texas Eagle), which I took from California to Texas. This is my fourth time taking the Eagle back to Texas over the years.

The customer service from the sleeping car attendants (LA to San Antonio, and San Antonio onwards), as well as the respective dining car crew (LA to New Orleans, and San Antonio onwards) was top-notch. (I commended on the Amtrak website those crew members whose names I remember.)

We were delayed coming into Palm Springs on account of sand blowing over the west switch of the siding. We must've made the time up with the padding coming into San Antonio (and quick work by the folks who split up 2/422), as we were close to on-time up until waiting for one or two hours before Cleburne on account of an earlier BNSF derailment last night.

Do I wish each route had its own unique menu like years past? Yes. However, it's good we still have Amtrak, and they have a lot of good folks working hard every day.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  422 mvs 06-16-2019 - 17:06
  Re:Palm Springs Sand Season..... BOB2 06-18-2019 - 06:37

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com