Re: Usual Loony toons interpretation from Mouse, but who did Hasan purge at SANDAG...
Author: BOB2
Date: 09-14-2019 - 13:57

I've been out of the loop on some of these changes at SANDAG.

I too, have found some the new "visions" Of "high speed" to what seemed like almost "everywhere" (or, at least, "everywhere" there were enough total votes to add up to a majority of SANDAG's Board...?) to be of some vague interest. Clearly there is a lot than could and has been proposed to complete the DT on LOSSAN, the Del Mar Bluffs realignment, more equipment for higher service levels on Coaster. And, SANDAG has made a pretty extensive regional investment in HOV, toll, and HOT lanes, in many of these corridors with highly varied trip patterns in central and north county.

Although, I must confess that some of the stories I've seen on the new "vision" seemed a bit sketchy on how to pay for it, and light on analysis as to how many folks some of these lines (or even vaguer "corridors" of some unspecified mode?) might carry, to where, at how long of trip time, and/or why are they going there... As most of these stories and the links to planning pages seemed a bit short on such "analytical" specifics.

I've worked with various SANNAG staff over the years, whom I considered among the better professionals in my field. So, after actually reading this story, it would be far more interesting to know who has been purged in this recent regional "regime change", for not getting "with" what exact parts of SANDAG's "new" direction?

Meanwhile, Mouse can continue to listen to the messages leaking through his tinfoil hat about the vast highway lobby having very much to do with this... They may well need more roads, and transit, this is about the real world, where we mostly fight over how to pay for it, and/or who's brother in law will get the contract to do it....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Highway lobby rises up in San Diego synonymouse 09-14-2019 - 10:08
  Re: Highway lobby rises up in San Diego Cprr 09-14-2019 - 10:48
  Another bogus headline from the mouse One size does not fit all 09-14-2019 - 11:22
  Re: Another bogus headline from the mouse n9949y 09-14-2019 - 13:11
  Re: Usual Loony toons interpretation from Mouse, but who did Hasan purge at SANDAG... BOB2 09-14-2019 - 13:57

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com