Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head
Author: J.K. Trowling
Date: 09-14-2019 - 20:47

Oh, I don't know, maybe 30 years in this industry? I've been out there and looked at the freight ops on this line firsthand. All the shippers you cite don't even come close to paying what it costs to operate this line.

And Iowa Pacific was paying the T&E guys barely above minimum wage (when they got paid).

Doubtful you'll see any credible operator show up at the fire sale for this line.

But if things are as great as you think, why not try to line up some financing and serve all those customers you rattle off? Let me know how it goes maintaining 90 miles of brutal mountain railroad with no customers just to get to the potatoes.

I'll say again-- if freight service continues on this line, local governments will bare the cost. No shortline operator in their right mind would take this one on. That's why I was out there.

So, that's where I got my info from, Genius. If you think this line is a winner, go ahead and line up the financing and show up at the fire sale. I'll throw a few cents in your tin can up at Fir while you sing backup for Guitar Man.

ron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> J.K. Trowling Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > SLRG is a loser. UP and RailAmerica didn't
> bail
> > on that line because of the duckets it brought
> in.
>
> I think these lines west of Walsenburg, including
> the usable portion of the Creede Branch, the
> interchange with San Luis Central, the aggregates.
> Potato traffic, the Cumbres and Toltec, the scrap
> business at Blanca onto the remains of the San
> Luis Valley Southern, the passenger railcar repair
> shop in Alamosa. All those businesses depend on
> rail service west or Walsenburg.
>
> So, again... I dont know where you base your
> conclusions from.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head J.K. Trowling 09-14-2019 - 11:00
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head J.K. Trowling 09-14-2019 - 11:07
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head JOHN 09-14-2019 - 16:55
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head ron 09-14-2019 - 17:03
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head Brian Westgate 09-14-2019 - 19:34
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head J.K. Trowling 09-14-2019 - 20:47
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head Mr Question Man 09-14-2019 - 21:42
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head J.K. Trowling 09-14-2019 - 21:52
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head Mr Question Man 09-14-2019 - 22:09
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head J.K. Trowling 09-14-2019 - 22:16
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head J.K. Trowling 09-14-2019 - 22:25
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head Shortline Sammie 09-15-2019 - 11:25
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head synonymouse 09-15-2019 - 12:49
  Re: Evil banks bust Guitar Man's guitar over his head Lionel Trains 09-15-2019 - 18:51

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com