Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other"
Author: Nudge
Date: 11-09-2019 - 17:56

Jeff,

Don't remember much about the power on the YW. I fired the "25" from Mt Shasta to McCloud a few times after they finally got the steamer going. We, (some SP employees) helped it get moved with help of an RFE, under the table, in Dunsmuir.

Doc Miller helped re-wire the engine and I helped when I could.

At one time they got the 2 MRS, (Alco or EMD). I was told they ? didn't pay a dime for them as they came from the government for free. The last of those, I heard and saw one being scrapped in place in Yreka.

The last time I was over there, was when we got Dan & Dave's caboose picked up at BB & and set out at Montague. Again, powers at SP looked the other way. I was on the SLE and we had the helpers pick the cab up on its point and shove on the train. When we got to Montague, the helper cut off and we kicked the cab down on top of the YW cars on the spur. The SLE made its air and went on to Ashland I stuck around and the YW went to Yreka and tied up. Nice ride in the cab. When I got to Yreka, A "vehicle" showed up and took me over the hill so I could tie up for the trip back to Dunsmuir.

Hope this might help with the times.

Nudge

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" David Dewey 11-08-2019 - 09:49
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" HUTCH 7.62 11-08-2019 - 10:17
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" sp4439 11-08-2019 - 10:19
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" SP5103 11-08-2019 - 10:41
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" Goatboat 11-08-2019 - 14:13
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" Jeff Moore 11-08-2019 - 16:30
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" BOB R 11-08-2019 - 20:07
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" Ivy Mike 11-09-2019 - 08:15
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" Nudge 11-09-2019 - 17:56
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" Milwaukee Fan 11-10-2019 - 16:14
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" NWP 11-10-2019 - 07:21
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" Toad Predator 11-10-2019 - 21:24
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" David Dewey 11-11-2019 - 11:45
  Re: Correction to Yreka Western flashback post on "The Other" NWP 11-11-2019 - 12:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com