Re: SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership? Oh BOBBY 2 ....
Author: FUD
Date: 12-21-2019 - 08:22

Just for reference, last night on light rail (not SMART, not in the Bay Area), arriving about 2 stops before the end of the line, I was one of the last 2 people getting off the car. The 2nd car had a couple of people still visible on board. With 2 cars, the train had a seated capacity of at least 80, and earlier in the run closer to downtown, was about 3/4 full (seated) at least in my car. Does that mean the train is a waste of money, because it wasn't full all the way to the end of the line at 9 PM? Yes, I know that for some people transit itself is a waste of money, but ignoring that it makes no sense to call a service unneeded just because at an off hour in the more distant part of a run it's not full.

And pardon me if I actually use available transit, even outside commute times, and even if I have to drive to it (better a few miles to the station than 25 to the event, and a lot easier to find parking after some of the commuters have gone home).

BTW, at commute times, the trains are 4 car, all seats occupied, and standing room. They're usually full like that by the time the train leaves the 5th (of more than 20) stop from the end of the line, are jammed-full by the time they leave the major bus transfer stop a bit farther in, and parking at the stations likewise is usually full, except for a couple of stations with very large lots, by the time the 0600 train leaves. Still not providing a service?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership Ken 12-19-2019 - 08:30
  Re: SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership China Bot Kwan Wo 12-19-2019 - 19:15
  Re: SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership Maybe? Maybe not? We'll see? BOB2 12-19-2019 - 20:13
  Re: SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership Maybe? Maybe not? We'll see? brains 12-19-2019 - 20:37
  Re: SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership FUD 12-20-2019 - 07:17
  Re: SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership FUD 12-20-2019 - 07:20
  Re: SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership ron 12-20-2019 - 09:12
  Re: SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership? Oh Ron.... BOB2 12-20-2019 - 09:41
  Re: SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership? Oh BOBBY 2 .... ron 12-20-2019 - 10:09
  Re: SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership? As I said Ron, so can you answer my questions? No. .... BOB2 12-20-2019 - 13:21
  Re: SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership? Oh BOBBY 2 .... Keith Ode 12-20-2019 - 15:25
  Re: SMART Slammed for Withholding Ridership? Oh BOBBY 2 .... FUD 12-21-2019 - 08:22

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com