Re: Amtrak or VIA RAIL CANANDA -- Choose Your Poison?
Author: unk diego
Date: 01-02-2009 - 16:23

Folks,

Quote:
From OP
...Not allowed to retrieve her ourselves, we watched her for twenty-five minutes from the waiting room, shivering, until she was the very last thing brought inside...

Hearing this made me very sad. I have a little Boston Terrier in my live also, and I know this breed of dog cannot deal with the cold. They are almost bald. I would have been forced to get her myself, VIA police (or whomever) could then figure out what to do with us, INSIDE somewhere. As an aside, does Canada have railroad police, or is this odious custom a US thing?

Quote:
E-9
Since most of your drama involves your dog . My choice would be radiator fluid soaked in hamberger meat overnight.

I hope this was a joke, based on the "choose your poison" subject line. If not, what a terrible thing to say. And dogs, as well as cats and children, will drink standard anti-freeze fluid anyway, no need for the "hamberger" [sic]. It looks, and is said to taste, like a sweet drink. It also causes a extremely painful certain death. Responsible adults should always clean up any spilled anti-freeze wherever they find it, and regardless of who spilled it.

I was originally against the little dog coming into my life, and one of the reasons was that we could not travel by Amtrak. At least VIA will let you check dogs. That being said, I would rather drive than subject a pet to this behavior.

Amtrak will allow service dogs, of course. I have seen people bring their pets, who were very obviously not service dogs, on Amtrak by claiming they were. I would never do this, of course. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks folks,
unk diego

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Amtrak or VIA RAIL CANANDA -- Choose Your Poison? Floyd Smoot 01-01-2009 - 17:21
  Re: Amtrak or VIA RAIL CANANDA -- Choose Your Poison? E-9 01-02-2009 - 08:18
  Re: Travel or Travail T Judah 01-02-2009 - 14:22
  Re: Amtrak or VIA RAIL CANANDA -- Choose Your Poison? Scott Schiechl 01-02-2009 - 14:40
  Re: Amtrak or VIA RAIL CANANDA -- Choose Your Poison? unk diego 01-02-2009 - 16:23
  Re: Amtrak or VIA RAIL CANANDA -- Choose Your Poison? M. Harris 01-02-2009 - 16:55
  Re: Amtrak or VIA RAIL CANANDA -- Choose Your Poison? Steven D. Johnson 01-02-2009 - 22:32
  Re: Amtrak or VIA RAIL CANANDA -- Choose Your Poison? almo 01-02-2009 - 23:21
  Re: Amtrak or VIA RAIL CANANDA -- Choose Your Poison? Ceedeeuu 02-20-2009 - 09:24
  Re: Amtrak or VIA RAIL CANANDA -- Choose Your Poison? Ceedeeuu 02-20-2009 - 09:29

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com