The SP and the OTR Around the Oakland Outer Harbor
Author: TMer
Date: 12-03-2020 - 23:04

Below is a 1963 7.5 minute USGS quad from the UC Berkeley histopo site showing the outer harbor area. I'm trying to find out what portion of the circled trackage was served by SP and OTR, respectively. There's a USACE Ports Series report that documents the wharfs of the Outer Harbor all being connected to both SP and OTR tracks. But to me that doesn't mean they both switched this whole area. Anyone know the details on this fascinating and long gone piece of Oakland railroad history?

Question: the tracks running along the west side of Maritime Street. Were they used by both OTR and SP--did they belong to the Port or ?

Another question: below the "Oakland" in "Oakland Army Terminal" you can see two tracks running southwest out of Desert Yard and then turning west toward Maritime Street, ultimately connecting to the lead on the west side of Maritime Street. Whose tracks were these?

Thank you for your help!

https://i.postimg.cc/wT6186zN/oakland-4.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The SP and the OTR Around the Oakland Outer Harbor TMer 12-03-2020 - 23:04
  Re: The SP and the OTR Around the Oakland Outer Harbor Dr Zarkoff 12-04-2020 - 00:08
  Re: The SP and the OTR Around the Oakland Outer Harbor TMer 12-04-2020 - 10:14
  Re: The SP and the OTR Around the Oakland Outer Harbor over and over and over 12-04-2020 - 03:17
  Re: The SP and the OTR Around the Oakland Outer Harbor TMer 12-04-2020 - 08:13
  Re: The SP and the OTR Around the Oakland Outer Harbor Dr Zarkoff 12-04-2020 - 10:21
  Re: The SP and the OTR Around the Oakland Outer Harbor TMer 12-04-2020 - 11:37

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com