Re: Dumbarton Corridor update-Thanks.... Lots of concerns with this study....
Author: FUD
Date: 01-10-2021 - 13:00

Need to look at the Dumbarton work again. Is this still the Facebook study?

As for the station issue: that's part of Capitol Corridor's scheme from shifting trains to the Mulford line, joining the Starlight. It includes abandoning the Hayward station entirely (they can live with BART, I guess), and the Fremont-Centerville station (though one wonders if ACE will still stop there?). One of the station sites considered was at the Newark or Centerville wye where Dumbarton and ACE would connect, but that was considered inconvenient for "land-side" access. So they moved it to a park a little ways north, which is convenient (just off of 84 and the Dumbarton HIGHWAY bridge) for bus access. It is, however, IN A PARK (Ardenwood, which has a steam train ride and active educational/agricultural land use) - if federal funds are used, that could be a major complication. My personal view is that they should try harder to work out the details for something at the wye so everybody can use it, assuming the rail bridge is rebuilt. But I don't live there, and in any case I have no clout.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Dumbarton Corridor update OPRRMS 01-06-2021 - 13:43
  Re: Dumbarton Corridor update J Mann 01-07-2021 - 15:26
  Re: Dumbarton Corridor update Billy Balkans 01-07-2021 - 16:09
  Re: Dumbarton Corridor update-Thanks.... Lots of concerns with this study.... BOB2 01-10-2021 - 09:33
  Re: Dumbarton Corridor update-Thanks.... Lots of concerns with this study.... FUD 01-10-2021 - 13:00
  Re: Dumbarton Corridor update-and Ardenwood FUD 01-10-2021 - 13:11

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com